Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Dear Georgia,

Today I broke your heart.  I know because you told me so.  Here's how it went down:

Me:  Put on your jammies and you can have a sleepover in mommy's room.
You:  NO.
Me:  What did you just say to me??
You:  NO, I don't WANT jammies on.
Me:  Okay, then no sleepover.
You (crying):  Well my heart is broken then!
Me:  It's broken?
You (still crying):  Yeah, it's breaking right now!
Me:  Oh, no!  I guess you can't have a sleepover then, if your heart is broken.  Put your jammies on and you can sleep in your room tonight.
You (crying subsiding, giving way to sniffles):  I think it's getting better.  You just need to hug it.
Me:  Hug your heart?
You:  uh-huh.  Hug it.
Me:  Okay, I'll hug it when you have your jammies on.
You:  (Happily put on your jammies)
Me:  (Give you a hug)
You:  (Get to have a sleepover because you're so dang adorable)
Me:  (the luckiest mom in the world)

Love,
Mommy

No comments: