Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dear Georgia,

Today in primary, we played a game called "The Golden Plates Lay Hidden," where I hide a set of golden plates and someone comes into the room and has to find them.  It's like the hot/cold game.  Well, towards the end, you wanted to be "it" along with another little boy in your class named Sam.  I put you out in the hall, and told you both to be very reverent.  I handed the plates to one of the presidency members who was sitting in the front of the room.  I brought you back in, and we started singing Praise to the Man very softly.  I guided you in the right direction, and you both stood right next to the woman holding the plates with the most confused look on your faces!  I pointed to the plates in her hand, and you just looked at me and shrugged.  Finally she handed them to Sam, and the round was over.  You were so happy that you got a turn!  It didn't matter to you that you didn't really know what the game was, or even what you were looking for.  You were happy to have a chance to play the game.

I've been thinking about that, and I want to tell you something very important, so listen up.  Sometimes you aren't going to know what's going on.  Sometimes you're not going to know where to look, or what to do.  But I always want you to try.  Don't worry about the people that are watching you.  Don't worry about not doing it just right, or making a few mistakes along the way.  Eventually, with help from people nudging you in the right direction, you will figure it out, and then you'll know that you did it!

Thank you for being so cute, and for always making me smile.  It turns out that today was my last day in primary, and I'm so glad that you got a chance to participate.  I will always be happy about that.

Love,
Mommy

No comments: